Modelio aprašymas anglų kalba:
Cisco® Small Business Smart Switches deliver cost-effective switching solutions that are ideal for small businesses or workgroups within larger organizations. These high-speed switches offer entry-level management without the cost and complexity of a full Layer 2 managed switch.
The Cisco SLM2008 8-Port Gigabit Smart Switch (Figure 1) is ideal for conference rooms, labs, shipping/receiving departments or in marketing, design, or audio/visual workgroups. The eight 10/100/1000-Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) ports enable companies to link to other Gigabit devices on the network (servers, workstations, and network storage) to quickly move bandwidth-intensive files while still supporting 10/100-Mbps clients.
The Cisco SLM2008 supports the IEEE 802.3af standard for Power over Ethernet (PoE) for obtaining its power over a designated powered device (PD) switch port or from an external AC power adapter. This gives companies the option to install the switch in places where a power outlet may not be present, such as in ceilings and walls.
The Cisco SLM2008 is able to secure the network through IEEE 802.1Q VLANs and IEEE 802.1X port authentication. For environments where IP multicast applications are used, the switch is capable of limiting the traffic to only the ports that have requested that traffic, with support of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) snooping. Additional quality-of-service (QoS) capabilities, such as IEEE 802.1p, differentiated services code point (DSCP), and four hardware queues, make it possible to maintain good quality for real-time applications such as voice and video. The Cisco SLM2008 offers an easy-to-use browser interface for managing and configuring the features, making it ideal for small businesses without an IT staff or that have minimal technical expertise.
- Eight 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 16 Gbps, nonblocking, store-and-forward switching capacity
- Supports IEEE 802.3af PoE-PD on port 1 as an optional power supply
- Simplified QoS management using 802.1p and DSCP traffic prioritization specifications
- WebSmart management enables configuration and monitoring from a standard web browser
- 802.1Q-based VLANs enable segmentation of networks for improved performance and security
- Port-level security via 802.1X authentication
- Increased bandwidth and added link redundancy with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Storm control on multicast and broadcast traffic
- Many-to-one port mirroring for noninvasive monitoring of switch traffic
- Jumbo frame support (9 KB)
- Support for simple interface counters